In order to achieve our mission and vision, Sports Centre organizes and participates in intramural competitions as follows:
- Cross Country/Marathon Race for old and new students at the beginning of the session in the first semester.
- Dean’s Cups involving the departments or levels in the faculties at the middle of the first semester before the examination.
- Interfaculty Games “tagged” Vice Chancellor’s Cup involving the then 13 faculties in second semester two weeks before examination.
- Walk and Jog for life organized for staff.
- Staff Zonal Competition towards National University Staff Sports (NUSSA) involving SDC Zones as follows:
- Zone I: All Ekehuan Campus Departments and Units.
- Zone II: UDSS. Estate, Security, and Sports Complex.
- Zone III: VCO, Registry, Staff School, engineering, Life Science, Physical Science.
- Zone IV: Bursary, Audit, PG School, Students Affairs, Academic Planning and Physical Planning.
- Zone V: Pharmacy, Library, Medical Science, Dentistry, Basic medical Sciences and the Halls.
- Zone VI: Agriculture, Law, Education, Arts, Social Sciences, management Science, health Centre and Quest House.
There are also Extramural competitions. These are as follows:
- Intercollegiate involving friendly competitions with other universities, states or sports clubs.
- Zonal elimination/Preliminary towards main NUGA Games.
- Nigerian University Games Association (NUGA)
- West African University Games (WAUG)
- Federation of African Sports Universities (FASU)
- States and national Sports Association Competitions under invitation to participate.
- Nigeria University Staff Sports Association Games (NUSSA).